Best Yugioh Noble Knights Of The Round Table Box Set Opening And Review! - YouTube ( Noble Knights Of The Round Table Amazing Pictures #6)
Howdy guys, this photo is about Best Yugioh Noble Knights Of The Round Table Box Set Opening And Review! - YouTube ( Noble Knights Of The Round Table Amazing Pictures #6). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1114 x 627. This picture's file size is only 131 KB. If You desired to save This photo to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You could also see more photos by clicking the image below or read more at this article: Noble Knights Of The Round Table.
6 pictures of Best Yugioh Noble Knights Of The Round Table Box Set Opening And Review! - YouTube ( Noble Knights Of The Round Table Amazing Pictures #6)
On selecting a backyard table ready-made, tips. Furthermore, for all those of you who wish to purchase a park counter, seek out charges to match the budget you have and needs. In deciding the cost is a thought how usually the minimalist garden seat you utilize along with the budget, it ought to be counted. Change how big is the stool and counter versions together with the dimension and layout of your backyard.
As it is nowadays choosing a Best Yugioh Noble Knights Of The Round Table Box Set Opening And Review! - YouTube ( Noble Knights Of The Round Table Amazing Pictures #6) is now a vital part of the layout of the playground. Along with performance as a seat, this can be the point of the park when of view not used. Numerous styles of backyard mattresses in many cases are on the marketplace. However mix and basic design using the park's collection is the better solution.
Picking outdoor challenging, not only any Best Yugioh Noble Knights Of The Round Table Box Set Opening And Review! - YouTube ( Noble Knights Of The Round Table Amazing Pictures #6) furniture could be added to the patio or backyard. Within a short time the climate will quickly damages the chair, if any. Backyard beds are employed often manufactured from a plastic, bamboo lumber, and rattan. This kind of product is very challenging to find out whether or not in terms of preservation. Like made of lumber and metal, should not come in contact with daylight or rainwater immediately. As the content is easily broken. Seats are made of metal whenever we can, granted the nature of simply corroded then your painting should be completed every particular time frame avoided.
Bestbest (best),USA pronunciation adj., [superl. of]good [with]better [as compar.]
- of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
- most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
most: the best part of a day.
adv., [superl. of]well [with]better [as compar.]
- most excellently or suitably;
with most advantage or success: an opera role that best suits her voice.
- in or to the highest degree;
most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved.
- as best one can, in the best way possible under the circumstances: We tried to smooth over the disagreement as best we could.
- had best, would be wisest or most reasonable to;
ought to: You had best phone your mother to tell her where you are going.
- something or someone that is best: They always demand and get the best. The best of us can make mistakes.
- a person's finest clothing: It's important that you wear your best.
- a person's most agreeable or desirable emotional state (often prec. by at).
- a person's highest degree of competence, inspiration, etc. (often prec. by at).
- the highest quality to be found in a given activity or category of things (often prec. by at): cabinetmaking at its best.
- the best effort that a person, group, or thing can make: Their best fell far short of excellence.
- a person's best wishes or kindest regards: Please give my best to your father.
- all for the best, for the good as the final result;
to an ultimate advantage: At the time it was hard to realize how it could be all for the best.Also, for the best.
- at best, under the most favorable circumstances: You may expect to be treated civilly, at best.
- get or have the best of:
- to gain the advantage over.
- to defeat;
subdue: His arthritis gets the best of him from time to time.
- make the best of, to cope with in the best way possible: to make the best of a bad situation.
- with the best, on a par with the most capable: He can play bridge with the best.
- to get the better of;
beat: He easily bested his opponent in hand-to-hand combat. She bested me in the argument.
Nobleno•ble (nō′bəl),USA pronunciation adj., -bler, -blest, n.
- distinguished by rank or title.
- pertaining to persons so distinguished.
- of, belonging to, or constituting a hereditary class that has special social or political status in a country or state;
of or pertaining to the aristocracy.
- of an exalted moral or mental character or excellence;
lofty: a noble thought.
- admirable in dignity of conception, manner of expression, execution, or composition: a noble poem.
- very impressive or imposing in appearance;
magnificent: a noble monument.
- of an admirably high quality;
- [Falconry.](of a hawk) having excellent qualities or abilities.
- a person of noble birth or rank;
nobleman or noblewoman.
- a former gold coin of England, first issued in 1346 by Edward III, equal to half a mark or 6s. 8d., replaced in 1464 under Edward IV by the rose noble.
- (in Britain) a peer.
a comedy (424 b.c.) by Aristophanes.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Roundround1 (round),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., adv., prep., v.
- having a flat, circular surface, as a disk.
- ring-shaped, as a hoop.
- curved like part of a circle, as an outline.
- having a circular cross section, as a cylinder;
- spherical or globular, as a ball.
- shaped more or less like a part of a sphere;
- free from angularity;
consisting of full, curved lines or shapes, as handwriting or parts of the body.
- executed with or involving circular motion.
- full, complete, or entire: a round dozen.
- noting, formed, or expressed by an integer or whole number with no fraction.
- expressed, given, or exact to the nearest multiple or power of ten;
in tens, hundreds, thousands, or the like: in round numbers.
- roughly correct;
approximate: a round guess.
- considerable in amount;
ample: a round sum of money.
- brought to completeness or perfection.
- full and sonorous, as sound.
- vigorous or brisk: a round trot.
- straightforward, plain, or candid;
outspoken: a round scolding.
- positive or unqualified: a round assertion.
- any round shape, as a circle, ring or sphere.
- a circular, ring-shaped, curved, or spherical object;
a rounded form.
- something circular in cross section, as a rung of a ladder or chair.
- Sometimes, rounds. a completed course of time, series of events or operations, etc., ending at a point corresponding to that at the beginning: We waited through the round of many years.
- any complete course, series, or succession: The strike was settled after a long round of talks; a round of parties.
- Often, rounds. a going around from place to place, as in a habitual or definite circuit: a doctor's rounds.
- a completed course or spell of activity, commonly one of a series, in some play or sport: the second round of a tournament.
- a recurring period of time, succession of events, duties, etc.: the daily round.
- an entire range: the round of human capabilities.
- a single outburst, as of applause or cheers.
- a single discharge of shot by each of a number of guns, rifles, etc.
- a single discharge by one firearm.
- a charge of ammunition for a single shot.
- a single serving, esp. of drink, made more or less simultaneously to everyone present, as at table or at a bar: The next round is on me.
- See round dance.
- movement in a circle or around an axis.
- Also, round of beef. the portion of the thigh of beef below the rump and above the leg. See diag. under beef.
- See round steak.
- a slice, as of bread.
- [Archery.]a specified number of arrows shot from a specified distance from the target in accordance with the rules.
- one of a series of three-minute periods making up a boxing match: a 15-round bout.
- a short, rhythmical canon at the unison, in which the several voices enter at equally spaced intervals of time.
- rounds, the order followed in ringing a peal of bells in diatonic sequence from the highest to the lowest.
- [Golf.]a playing of the complete course.
- [Cards.]a division of play in a game, consisting of a turn each for every player to bid, bet, play a card, deal the cards, or be dealt cards.
- in the round:
- (of a theater) having a stage completely surrounded by seats for the audience.
- in the style of theater-in-the-round: The play should be done in the round.
- in complete detail;
from all aspects: a character as seen in the round.
- (of sculpture) not attached to a supporting background;
- make the rounds:
- to go from one place to another, as in making deliveries, paying social visits, or seeking employment.
- Also, go the rounds. to be reported or told;
circulate: another rumor making the rounds.
- throughout or from the beginning to the end of a recurring period of time: all year round.
- Also, 'round. around: The music goes round and round.
- throughout (a period of time): a resort visited all round the year.
- around: It happened round noon.
- to make round.
- to free from angularity;
fill out symmetrically;
- to bring to completeness or perfection;
- to form (a gem) roughly (sometimes fol. by up);
- to end (a sentence, paragraph, etc.) with something specified: He rounded his speech with a particularly apt quotation.
- to encircle or surround.
- to make a complete circuit of;
pass completely around.
- to make a turn or partial circuit around or to the other side of: to round a corner.
- to cause to move in a circle;
- to make the opening at (the lips) relatively round or pursed during an utterance.
- to pronounce (a speech sound, esp. a vowel) with rounded lips;
- to contract (the lips) laterally. Cf. spread (def. 14), unround.
- to replace by the nearest multiple of 10, with 5 being increased to the next highest multiple: 15,837 can be rounded to 15,840;
then to 15,800;
then to 16,000.
- to become round.
- to become free from angularity;
- to develop to completeness or perfection.
- to take a circular course;
make a circuit, as a guard.
- to make a turn or partial circuit around something.
- to turn around as on an axis: to round on one's heels.
- to reduce successively the number of digits to the right of the decimal point of a mixed number by dropping the final digit and adding 1 to the next preceding digit if the dropped digit was 5 or greater, or leaving the preceding digit unchanged if the dropped digit was 4 or less.
- round off:
- to complete or perfect;
- to express as a round number, usually to the nearest multiple of 10.
- round out:
- to complete or perfect: The new coin rounded out his collection.
- to fill out;
become rounder: She rounded out so nicely that everyone soon forgot she had been so ill.
- round to, [Naut.]to turn a sailing vessel in the direction from which the wind is blowing.
- round up:
- to drive or bring (cattle, sheep, etc.) together.
- to assemble;
gather: to round up all the suspects in an investigation.
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Boxbox1 (boks),USA pronunciation n.
- a container, case, or receptacle, usually rectangular, of wood, metal, cardboard, etc., and often with a lid or removable cover.
- the quantity contained in a box: She bought a box of candy as a gift.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a gift or present: a Christmas box.
- See post-office box.
- a compartment or section in a public place, shut or railed off for the accommodation of a small number of people, esp. in a theater, opera house, sports stadium, etc.
- a small enclosure or area in a courtroom, for witnesses or the jury.
- a small shelter: a sentry's box.
- a small house, cabin, or cottage, as for use while hunting: a shooting box.
- a telephone booth.
- a wardrobe trunk.
- See box stall.
- the driver's seat on a coach.
- the section of a wagon in which passengers or parcels are carried.
- the section of a truck in which cargo is carried.
- the box, [Informal.]television: Are there any good shows on the box tonight?
- part of a page of a newspaper or periodical set off in some manner, as by lines, a border, or white space.
- any enclosing, protective case or housing, sometimes including its contents: a gear box; a fire-alarm box.
- either of two marked spaces, one on each side of the plate, in which the batter stands.
- either of two marked spaces, one outside of first base and the other outside of third, where the coaches stand.
- the pitcher's mound.
- the marked space where the catcher stands.
- a difficult situation;
- [Agric.]a bowl or pit cut in the side of a tree for collecting sap.
- [Jazz Slang.]
- a stringed instrument, as a guitar.
- a piano.
- a phonograph.
- a boom box.
- a computer.
- a coffin.
- the vulva or vagina.
- basket (def. 9).
- out of the box, [Australian Slang.]remarkable or exceptional;
- to put into a box: She boxed the glassware before the movers came.
- to enclose or confine as in a box (often fol. by in or up).
- to furnish with a box.
- to form into a box or the shape of a box.
- to block so as to keep from passing or achieving better position (often fol. by in): The Ferrari was boxed in by two other cars on the tenth lap.
- to group together for consideration as one unit: to box bills in the legislature.
- [Building Trades.]to enclose or conceal (a building or structure) as with boarding.
- [Agric.]to make a hole or cut in (a tree) for sap to collect.
- to mix (paint, varnish, or the like) by pouring from one container to another and back again.
- to mix groups of sheep that should be kept separated.
- to confuse someone or something.
- box out, [Basketball.]to position oneself between an opposing player and the basket to hinder the opposing player from rebounding or tipping in a shot;
Setset (set),USA pronunciation v., set, set•ting, n., adj., interj.
- to put (something or someone) in a particular place: to set a vase on a table.
- to place in a particular position or posture: Set the baby on his feet.
- to place in some relation to something or someone: We set a supervisor over the new workers.
- to put into some condition: to set a house on fire.
- to put or apply: to set fire to a house.
- to put in the proper position: to set a chair back on its feet.
- to put in the proper or desired order or condition for use: to set a trap.
- to distribute or arrange china, silver, etc., for use on (a table): to set the table for dinner.
- to place (the hair, esp. when wet) on rollers, in clips, or the like, so that the hair will assume a particular style.
- to put (a price or value) upon something: He set $7500 as the right amount for the car. The teacher sets a high value on neatness.
- to fix the value of at a certain amount or rate;
value: He set the car at $500. She sets neatness at a high value.
- to post, station, or appoint for the purpose of performing some duty: to set spies on a person.
- to determine or fix definitely: to set a time limit.
- to resolve or decide upon: to set a wedding date.
- to cause to pass into a given state or condition: to set one's mind at rest; to set a prisoner free.
- to direct or settle resolutely or wishfully: to set one's mind to a task.
- to present as a model;
place before others as a standard: to set a good example.
- to establish for others to follow: to set a fast pace.
- to prescribe or assign, as a task.
- to adjust (a mechanism) so as to control its performance.
- to adjust the hands of (a clock or watch) according to a certain standard: I always set my watch by the clock in the library.
- to adjust (a timer, alarm of a clock, etc.) so as to sound when desired: He set the alarm for seven o'clock.
- to fix or mount (a gem or the like) in a frame or setting.
- to ornament or stud with gems or the like: a bracelet set with pearls.
- to cause to sit;
seat: to set a child in a highchair.
- to put (a hen) on eggs to hatch them.
- to place (eggs) under a hen or in an incubator for hatching.
- to place or plant firmly: to set a flagpole in concrete.
- to put into a fixed, rigid, or settled state, as the face, muscles, etc.
- to fix at a given point or calibration: to set the dial on an oven; to set a micrometer.
- to tighten (often fol. by up): to set nuts well up.
- to cause to take a particular direction: to set one's course to the south.
- to put (a broken or dislocated bone) back in position.
- (of a hunting dog) to indicate the position of (game) by standing stiffly and pointing with the muzzle.
- to fit, as words to music.
- to arrange for musical performance.
- to arrange (music) for certain voices or instruments.
- to arrange the scenery, properties, lights, etc., on (a stage) for an act or scene.
- to prepare (a scene) for dramatic performance.
- to spread and secure (a sail) so as to catch the wind.
- to arrange (type) in the order required for printing.
- to put together types corresponding to (copy);
compose in type: to set an article.
- [Baking.]to put aside (a substance to which yeast has been added) in order that it may rise.
- to change into curd: to set milk with rennet.
- to cause (glue, mortar, or the like) to become fixed or hard.
- to urge, goad, or encourage to attack: to set the hounds on a trespasser.
- [Bridge.]to cause (the opposing partnership or their contract) to fall short: We set them two tricks at four spades. Only perfect defense could set four spades.
- to affix or apply, as by stamping: The king set his seal to the decree.
- to fix or engage (a fishhook) firmly into the jaws of a fish by pulling hard on the line once the fish has taken the bait.
- to sharpen or put a keen edge on (a blade, knife, razor, etc.) by honing or grinding.
- to fix the length, width, and shape of (yarn, fabric, etc.).
- [Carpentry.]to sink (a nail head) with a nail set.
- to bend or form to the proper shape, as a saw tooth or a spring.
- to bend the teeth of (a saw) outward from the blade alternately on both sides in order to make a cut wider than the blade itself.
- to pass below the horizon;
sink: The sun sets early in winter.
- to decline;
- to assume a fixed or rigid state, as the countenance or the muscles.
- (of the hair) to be placed temporarily on rollers, in clips, or the like, in order to assume a particular style: Long hair sets more easily than short hair.
- to become firm, solid, or permanent, as mortar, glue, cement, or a dye, due to drying or physical or chemical change.
- to sit on eggs to hatch them, as a hen.
- to hang or fit, as clothes.
- to begin to move;
start (usually fol. by forth, out, off, etc.).
- (of a flower's ovary) to develop into a fruit.
- (of a hunting dog) to indicate the position of game.
- to have a certain direction or course, as a wind, current, or the like.
- (of a sail) to be spread so as to catch the wind.
- (of type) to occupy a certain width: This copy sets to forty picas.
- [Nonstandard.]sit: Come in and set a spell.
- set about:
- to begin on;
- to undertake;
- to assault;
- set against:
- to cause to be hostile or antagonistic.
- to compare or contrast: The advantages must be set against the disadvantages.
- set ahead, to set to a later setting or time: Set your clocks ahead one hour.
- set apart:
- to reserve for a particular purpose.
- to cause to be noticed;
distinguish: Her bright red hair sets her apart from her sisters.
- set aside:
- to put to one side;
reserve: The clerk set aside the silver brooch for me.
- to dismiss from the mind;
- to prevail over;
annul: to set aside a verdict.
- set back:
- to hinder;
- to turn the hands of (a watch or clock) to show an earlier time: When your plane gets to California, set your watch back two hours.
- to reduce to a lower setting: Set back the thermostat before you go to bed.
- set by, to save or keep for future use.
- set down:
- to write or to copy or record in writing or printing.
- to consider;
estimate: to set someone down as a fool.
- to attribute;
ascribe: to set a failure down to bad planning.
- to put in a position of rest on a level surface.
- to humble or humiliate.
- to land an airplane: We set down in a heavy fog.
- (in horse racing) to suspend (a jockey) from competition because of some offense or infraction of the rules.
- set forth:
- to give an account of;
describe: He set forth his theory in a scholarly report.
- to begin a journey;
start: Columbus set forth with three small ships.
- set forward, to turn the hands of (a watch or clock) to show a later time: When your plane lands in New York, set your watch forward two hours.
- set in:
- to begin to prevail;
arrive: Darkness set in.
- (of winds or currents) to blow or flow toward the shore.
- set off:
- to cause to become ignited or to explode.
- to begin;
- to intensify or improve by contrast.
- to begin a journey or trip;
- set on:
- Also, set upon. to attack or cause to attack: to set one's dog on a stranger.
- to instigate;
incite: to set a crew to mutiny.
- set one's face against. See face (def. 35).
- set out:
- to begin a journey or course: to set out for home.
- to undertake;
attempt: He set out to prove his point.
- to design;
plan: to set out a pattern.
- to define;
describe: to set out one's arguments.
- to plant: to set out petunias and pansies.
- to lay out (the plan of a building) in actual size at the site.
- to lay out (a building member or the like) in actual size.
- set store by. See store (def. 9).
- set to:
- to make a vigorous effort;
apply oneself to work;
- to begin to fight;
- set up:
- to put upright;
- to put into a high or powerful position.
- to construct;
- to be assembled or made ready for use: exercise equipment that sets up in a jiffy.
- to inaugurate;
- to enable to begin in business;
provide with means.
- to make a gift of;
treat, as to drinks.
- to stimulate;
- to propound;
- to bring about;
- to become firm or hard, as a glue or cement: a paint that sets up within five minutes.
- to lead or lure into a dangerous, detrimental, or embarrassing situation, as by deceitful prearrangement or connivance.
- to entrap or frame, as an innocent person in a crime or a criminal suspect in a culpable circumstance in order to achieve an arrest.
- to arrange the murder or execution of: His partner set him up with the mob.
- [Bridge.]to establish (a suit): to set up spades.
- the act or state of setting or the state of being set.
- a collection of articles designed for use together: a set of china; a chess set.
- a collection, each member of which is adapted for a special use in a particular operation: a set of golf clubs; a set of carving knives.
- a number, group, or combination of things of similar nature, design, or function: a set of ideas.
- a series of volumes by one author, about one subject, etc.
- a number, company, or group of persons associated by common interests, occupations, conventions, or status: a set of murderous thieves; the smart set.
- the fit, as of an article of clothing: the set of his coat.
- fixed direction, bent, or inclination: The set of his mind was obvious.
- bearing or carriage: the set of one's shoulders.
- the assumption of a fixed, rigid, or hard state, as by mortar or glue.
- the arrangement of the hair in a particular style: How much does the beauty parlor charge for a shampoo and set?
- a plate for holding a tool or die.
- an apparatus for receiving radio or television programs;
- [Philately.]a group of stamps that form a complete series.
- [Tennis.]a unit of a match, consisting of a group of not fewer than six games with a margin of at least two games between the winner and loser: He won the match in straight sets of 6–3, 6–4, 6–4.
- a construction representing a place or scene in which the action takes place in a stage, motion-picture, or television production.
- the bending out of the points of alternate teeth of a saw in opposite directions.
- a permanent deformation or displacement of an object or part.
- a tool for giving a certain form to something, as a saw tooth.
- a chisel having a wide blade for dividing bricks.
- [Hort.]a young plant, or a slip, tuber, or the like, suitable for planting.
- the number of couples required to execute a quadrille or the like.
- a series of movements or figures that make up a quadrille or the like.
- a group of pieces played by a band, as in a night club, and followed by an intermission.
- the period during which these pieces are played.
- [Bridge.]a failure to take the number of tricks specified by one's contract: Our being vulnerable made the set even more costly.
- the direction of a wind, current, etc.
- the form or arrangement of the sails, spars, etc., of a vessel.
- suit (def. 12).
- [Psychol.]a temporary state of an organism characterized by a readiness to respond to certain stimuli in a specific way.
- a timber frame bracing or supporting the walls or roof of a shaft or stope.
- [Carpentry.]See nail set.
- a collection of objects or elements classed together.
- the width of a body of type.
- sett (def. 3).
- fixed or prescribed beforehand: a set time; set rules.
fixed: The hall holds a set number of people.
- deliberately composed;
customary: set phrases.
rigid: a set smile.
- resolved or determined;
habitually or stubbornly fixed: to be set in one's opinions.
- completely prepared;
ready: Is everyone set?
- all set, in readiness;
prepared: They were at the starting line and all set to begin.
Also, get set!
- (in calling the start of a race): Ready! Set! Go!
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).